SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, 11 February 2017

Oh So Succulent Greenhouse Card

Good Day Crafters.

Welcome to my blog. Today I'm so excited to share my very own creation!! I designed this envelope fold Succulent Greenhouse card quite by accident. It showcases the amazing new Oh So Succulent Stamps & Dies, which are available as a bundle in the Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalogue.


 
 


My "happy accident" occurred when I was trying to construct something completely different. I was fiddling and dropped it on the floor, when I picked it up, my creation was on a different orientation and looked more like a Greenhouse than what I was originally trying to create. 

 
 


A close up look at the inside of the card reveals planter boxes on the back wall and pot plants fill of water coloured succulents. The pot plant baskets were made from the Up & Away Hot Air Balloon Die.

 


I post the majority of my cards to family and friends overseas, so when I was designing this card, an important element was that it could be folded and posted. To keep it closed I used a stamped sentiment on Cardstock with Velcro dots but a belly band would work too.

 



This card was the first project I posted on a public site and over 1200 Stampin' Up Demonstrators liked it!! I was flabbergasted to say the least - and inundated with requests for a instructions (see below). The succulents could be replaced with any types of plants or flowers.

Happy Crafting x

 

 



 
 
 

 


Want to purchase the Oh So Succulent Stamp Set or Framelits or save 10% when purchasing the bundle then Click Here

Hope my card inspires you to think outside the box and get into your crafty space.


Happy Crafting x

 

3 comments :

  1. Love, Love, Love this card and I am going to case it for a Bridal Shower Card with the saying "May your future be filled with many little succlents" Hope you do not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops spelled Succulents wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creation and I've made mine on my blog not really the same way but your lovely card inspired me a lot! If you want to see it : http://flo-a-carte-blanche.over-blog.com/2017/07/un-jardin-d-hiver-en-ete.html#ob-comment-ob-comment-91089715. Love from France

    ReplyDelete